The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

We Had A Toe Sucking Good Time!



The four of us behind a sculpture down town Marble Falls.

What a weekend! I have to say it was the best time visiting with my girlfriends I grew up with in La Porte.
They called me last week and wanted to know if I were up to running away with them to Ruby's house in the hill country near Austin and I could not say Yes fast enough. I think before I hung up the phone with Ruby that night I was throwing clothes in the suitcase.

We try to have girly weekends whenever it is possible with the four of us. Ruby has a gorgeous weekend home that we all love to visit.
Here we are posing for our group picture. Their brother Oscar came along with us so we had him take our picture. Having him along only increases the fun we all have being together. He can come up with some hilarious ideas and of course we just  follow along like we were kids again.

Bonnie is standing in the back with me. Yes I am short so you don't need to adjust your computer.
In front Linda Mae is on the left (she is also my sister-in-law) and Ruby on the right. 
I have known these three sisters and brothers for sixty years! 

Now I take the picture so we can get Oscar in the picture. I will have to send this to them because what a great family photo.

On these weekend get a ways we laugh, visit, play cards, eat, and laugh some more. There seems to be nothing that we don't talk about.

Friday night we went to the famous Blue Bonnet Cafe in Marble Falls. Can not tell you how excited I was when they mentioned we were going there. It is the small cafe that my kids took me to for my Birthday celebration. The food is good but their pies are what makes the cafe famous.

Hope my daughter isn't reading this because I am suppose to be on a diet with her. lol We were all going to order pie for dessert but then we were so full we decided we would just take one back to the house. Well then it was which pie do we choose. Votes were counted and the coconut creme pie won.

While the waitress was boxing that up I told them how good the chocolate fudge pie was so the five of us decide we will order a piece and share it. Well that was just one bite between us all and before I knew we were ordering a slice of German Chocolate pie too. Meanwhile we are laughing so hard because the waitress is not believing the group she is waiting on. There is so much laughing at our table that she decides to just get in on the fun. I love it when you can have a night out with friends like this one.

Back at the house we talk and talk about everything. We played cards until about 1am. Oscar went to bed early and left us up to giggle like we were kids back in La Porte. At times when we are together like this it's almost like we are all sitting in one of our cars while teenagers talking about the boys in our lives.

The next day we hit the re-sale shops. It surprised me for such a small town how many re-sale shops we visited.  Look at this four poster gorgeous bed. After a month I believe it goes down to $250.00. Cheap and I love it but I think it is too big for my rooms. At least I am going to keep telling myself that

I was good and only bought a Pyrex bowl with lid. It was older and I had never seen one like it and I thought it was a great size for when I cook for the kids. The price was right too only two dollars.

Later at the house we were sitting in the yard and before I knew it Oscar was giving foot massages. Now how many brothers do you know will give their sisters a honest to goodness real foot massage. Lotion and all. lol He told me to slide my chair over and he would do mine but I figured after my poor tired feet were in tennis shoes sweating most of the day while walking I should not be so cruel to him. I sure was wanting to though it looked like it would of been so relaxing.

Then I told them I needed to get my camera and get some blog photo's of this but of course they talked me out of it. We are sitting around laughing and talking about my blog and I of course tell them how bad I have been with writing. I would give anything if I could remember what all we were laughing about and the title's they were coming up with for this post. One  suggestion was We Had a Toe Sucking Good Time. Now I know we get silly but where did that come from. hahaha  If you were a fly on the wall on weekends like this you would swear we were either drunk, high or both.

They double dog dared me to use that as my title and of course you know me. I could not loose a dare.

Well enough on my weekend. I just had to share a good time with you for a change. It seems all I have posted about here lately is all the things going on out here on the North Forty. Things are still hectic but my to do list is getting scratched off.

Boy August is here and it is HOT! I just thought it was hot in July but these past few days I feel like it is 115! I am so looking forward to fall.

The last few nights I have fallen a sleep trying to figure out where to stay and visit next month on mine and Christi's trip to Maine. I had my hopes up to be able to see Vermont too but from everything we have been told it would be hard to visit three states like I want to in five days. Flying in Saturday and flying home Friday doesn't leave a lot of time for everything I want to see.

Everyone keeps telling me 100 miles in Vermont is not like a 100 miles in Texas. So I guess I will just keep trying to figure it out. I did make reservations today for a beautiful place to stay in Portland the first night and then on Sunday we are going on a trolley tour of the city and then take a 90 minute water tour of some of the light houses. I am so excited! All my life I have wanted to see Maine and a month from today I will get to scratch this off my bucket list.

Well I am yawning and you have to be since this is a long post. I mainly wanted to check in and say hello.
Ruby if your reading this Thank You for a fun filled weekend. I am still laughing at some of our conversations. If only I could share them on here.

Stay cool everyone and remember I think of you often.

Sweet Dreams
Maggie



23 comments:

Pat said...

How wonderful it is to have life long friends. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Paula said...

Sounds like a lot of fun going on with all of you and that is sooo great. I haven't been to San Marcos in a while. My oldest daughter graduated from Southwest Texas. I know it has a different name now but I can't think of it. lol

Sweet Tea said...

That kind of weekend is good for the soul - having great girlfriends is so important and to be valued, as you well know. I have a GF trip planned for October and I can hardly wait!! Great photos and time well spent, you "toe-suckers"! LOL

sjmcdowell said...

Hello my dear friend...It feels like age that you and I swapped stories over the phone!!
Go visit my blog...My birthday was today and I just did a post about it!

It's late her and I have to go to sleep, but I had to check in on you and say hello.
I am so glad you had a wonderful time with your relatives. You all ook so happy in the pictures!!

Love you,

Susan
xxoo

Caddie said...

Precious memories, Hmm? You should have taken that offer for the foot massage - no matter; when we meet I'll do you one, using my essential oils. They say I'm a pro at it; we shall have to wait and see; first step is a good soak. Your happy get together tale made my heart swell, Maggie. Now just ease back into all your choring needs - slow and easy. That's a girl! I love the title.

PoetessWug said...

You reminded me of how long it's been since I had a girlfriend weekend! I'm gonna fix that soon! There's nothing else in the world like 'old girls' sitting around talking and laughing to rejuvenate you! I'm glad you had a good time with yours....and with an extra brother to boot! LOL

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

I'm so glad you went and had a fun weekend with your friends, Maggie! I really think you needed it after all that was going on at your place. The coconut pie sounds like the right choice to me. I've got to figure out how to make my own crust that is gluten free so I can start enjoying pies again. I watched my hubby eat a piece of coconut cream pie that he bought at the local market while I ate my lemon cake with a gluten free graham cracker crust. It was delicious, but I'd still like a piece of coconut! : )

acorn hollow said...

sounds like you had a great time.
so fun to get together with old friends.
Cathy

Olga said...

That sounds like THE perfect weekend. Old friends and laughter and pie.

Susan Anderson said...

What a wonderful trip. Old friends are great blessings, and I wish I had stayed in touch with more of mine.

I hope you have a great time in Maine, too. I'll bet you will love it as much as we did. It's so picturesque!

=)

Debby said...

I remember the time you did this before. I can just see you all laughing. Did your sides hurt. Oscar must love this or he owuldn't want to go.
Oh the desserts sound wonderful.
I am excited for your trip. I have walways wanted to take my time and go to the New England states. We have only made it to Martha's Vinyard so far. Have a great time and take lots of pictures.
Keep on being happy.

Darlene said...

So happy that you were able to get together with your girl friends, and just imagine, they were all sisters. That is so neat when sisters can be that close, and to have you for that special friend is something. My girls all have a great time when they get together too, but to have a friend that they are all close to is something else. They just don't have a friend common too all of them. In fact,none of them has kept close contact with any of their friends they had growing up, now that I think of it. That is sad. I have two close friends from before I was married that I keep in contact with. Each of them, I was best friends with in two different high schools, so they don't even know each other.

Hope you have a great time in Maine. We leave in 19 days for our six week trip, but the farthest east we will get is to Ontario, Canada, and Ohio. I can only hope I can do such a long trip. We are driving, and our car is very comfortable, so I don't think the driving will be so bad.

Julia said...

What a great picture to cherish of you and your girlfriends. I would have liked to be a fly on the wall, not really. I would have like to be right there with you girls and take in all the fun and that desert too.

I guess it's been a while since I blogged. I just can't seem to get into it for some reason. I've been busy but then, I've always been busy.
I noticed a big drop in the number of bloggers this summer. Maybe everyone is so busy having fun they are all blogged out.

Main is right next door to New Brunswick Canada... I sure hope that you have a great vacation and I look forward to reading all about it in your blog.

Hugs, JB

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

It sounds like an absolutely perfect weekend, Maggie! How wonderful to have lifelong friends who are still so much fun and share so many interests and who can be a little wicked with you when it comes to pie. Loved the fact that you took a pie home but shared a couple chocolate slices at the cafe. Good for you! Times like this are so precious! You can diet any old day.

yaya said...

Love the title! I just had to fly over and see what you've been up too. So much fun..so little time! It's great to have good friends who really love you and have so much fun together. I'm glad you were able to take the time and enjoy the weekend. I'm so jealous about you going to Maine! I'll get there one of these days and I don't even need to fly to do it...what am I waiting for? Hmmm.....

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

It's great to be a kid again if only for a little while. :0) (((hugs)))Pat

Shirley said...

Hi Maggie, It may have been a long post but I enjoyed reading every minute of it. It sounded like so much fun and I know you are looking forward to your trip. I am looking forward to you taking lots of pictures and sharing them with us. We had a storm last night and it cooled it down some. We had just got home and I am glad we didn't get caught on the highway. The wind was 60 mph hour or at least that is what they said, have a great weekend. Hugs Your Missouri Friend.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Looks like such a fun time.
I bet there was a little giggling going on.

Sounds like your life is full and busy.

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of feets and toesies sweet Maggie. So happy for you that you got to have a wonderful time with your great friends. Love the pictures.

Jennifer Richardson said...

you're so much fun:):):)
enjoy these last sips of summer
and every sweet day
you're given!
-Jennifer

Forty Pound Sack said...

Maggie, you make me laugh. So glad you took that dare, cause your title made my day. AND I think I just might have a new expression to throw around, should I ever be in the midst of that much merriment ~

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Those kind of weekends can be the equivalent of a two week vacation in my book!

How fun...

It was nice to get a long visit with you and see what you've been up to...

xxoo,

RMW

Kim said...

Well, this post title certainly got my attention. Sure sounds like fun. Glad you had a toe sucking good time!