The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Last Weekend!

How are you this morning? Gosh I have missed you! Another week of me neglecting you is just not acceptable. I do have a good excuse so please forgive me.

I wanted to give you a little peek of what a awesome time I had with my family last weekend.
If you can remember a week back I posted about giving my grand babies tickets to see the Harlem Globetrotters in Austin. Wow it was a terrific fun evening one filled with nothing but smiles. Those guys know how to entertain you.  The best memory came when the game ended and Bailey stood up beside me and just went wild cheering the guys off the field. I think you could of heard a pin drop with everyone watching his salute to them. haha
Of course the good blogger that I have turned into my camera was left in my suitcase.  I did buy Bailey and Kaci a throw away camera for them to take pic's of the game and they loved doing that so maybe I can get some of their pictures and share.


The fab pic's I am sharing with you today are of Bailey and Kaci on their way the next morning to Bailey's Boy Scout Derby and fundraiser.

As you can see I am just the luckiest ole yellow haired grandma alive to spend the day with family. Well in the picture below you will question why they call me Grandma Yellow Hair.  As Bailey once brought it to my attention....Grandma I don't think your hair is yellow anymore! hahaha In this pic is Kaci and her Beautiful mom Andrea selling Girl Scout cookies at the same event of the Derby. How cool Girl Scouts at a Boy Scouts function. Anyway Bailey's scout leaders wife jumped in the picture the one in the middle. Some people run for a camera when they see while others like me run from it. I was not suppose to be in the pic but my son Clint included me.
As I am writing this post this morning I am having my healthy breakfast of Diet Dr. Pepper and Girl Scout Cookies. Lemonades are the choice this morning and boy are they good.

Bailey's car did not come in first but he was first with me because he walked around his big neighborhood gathering food for this fundraiser. He hung pamphlets on their doors asking for donations on one Saturday and then the next he picked up boxes and boxes of food.

Great job Bale's you worked really hard and I am proud of you!


Here Bailey on the left and a friend are up in the bleachers waiting on their cars to run.

I have to tell you a quick funny about the night before when we were driving to see the Harlem Globe Trotters. I of course was the one talking and I was telling them about Gov. Rick Perry dropping out of the debates. My Kaci says I can't stand him. This shocked me because in her ten years of life I have never heard her say something bad about anyone. I turned and said," You don't like Rick Perry!" she replied WHO Does!.........from the mouth of babes. Priceless!

After the derby event Bailey went into their bathroom changed into a basketball uniform and off to his game at 11:00AM.  Then home for lunch and then at three we went to Kaci's Basketball game.
My son Clint said, Mom Welcome to our Saturdays.  haha

I have to say this without sounding like I am bragging but Clint and Andrea were meant to be parents. They give their all being the best parents any child could dare dream of having.  Every time I think of how they are raising my two grand babies I turn my head upward to Heaven and Thank God for these two. God Bless Them Both.

God Bless You too and thank you for being my friend. I hope to be back soon.
Love to all
Maggie



31 comments:

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family, Maggie! My nephew was in the Pinewood Derby last weekend, too! He's 10. Didn't win but had a grand time.

Sending hugs your way as I nurse a stinkin' cold. Can't wait 'til it's gone as I have lots I'd rather be doing.

I'll be back!
Donna

Debby said...

What fun with your adorables. They are so cute and look like two happy kids.
They used to call me Debby with the yellow hair.
Your white hair is beautiful So are you. Good to see you from time to time.
(((((HUGS))))) and Prayers.

Kim said...

Wow, those grandkids sure are growing up fast. Its nice to see them learning about helping others with food drives etc.

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

My girl, you planted the roots for your children to be great parents.

I sooo enjoyed seein' your grandkiddos, boy are there ever growin' up on ya. They tend to do that even if ya do put a brick on their heads!

I'm so happy ya'll had a great time at the Globetrotters game. I've always wanted to see 'em in person. Hubs got free tickets one time and gave 'em away not knowin' that they were on my bucket list!

Dang it all to thunder anyway!!!

God bless ya sweetie and have a glorious day!!! :o)

Arkansas Patti said...

I think that is a great picture of you. Tell them you are no longer yellow gold but white gold.
Aren't the Globe Trotters the most family entertainment bang for the buck?
I love the scouts. They teach kids to think outside themselves. Wonderful group.

Sonny G said...

Beautiful photos of your family Maggie and of you- yellow hair or not.

thanks for sharing this occasion with us.. we all need to have more family time and blog when we can..

love and hugs to ya
Sonny

Tracy said...

GYH, your grand kids are absolutely gorgeous and what is wrong with a breakfast of Dr. Pepper and Girl Scout Cookies? I am right on board with that :)
I'm so happy you had a great time visiting; that's what it is all about!

deb said...

What pricelss time you've been spending with your beautiful family!! I'm sure they enjoyed you as much as you enjoyed them.

Take care and have a wonderful weekend!
*hugs*Deb

Susan Anderson said...

Your hair may not be yellow anymore, but it sure is gorgeous! I wish I had half as much!

=)

PS. The kids are super cute, and I'm glad you got to spend this time with them.

artangel said...

Aw you have a lovely family Maggie! And well done to Bailey for all his hard work, what a sweetheart!

I took my son to see the Harlem Globetrotters when they were here in England when he was about that age, we loved it too! They put on such a great show :)x

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You must be so proud of them, Maggie! I remember those days of running here, there and everywhere! I think that is the one thing I don't miss about my kids' childhood.

Dan said...

Maggie!

It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with your family! It is no wonder they are so wonderful, look where they came from! I hope you are having a good week! I think about you a lot and wonder how you are doing!

Love ya!
~Dan~

Lisalulu said...

SUCH a wonderful grandma, such a wonderful family... isn't is so nice to be with them and know that you love them and they love you!!! so so nice! I'd say you were a proud grandma... and I am praying for you and your family at this time!

Sharon said...

My grandson was in cub scouts and he did the car derby.
You should brag about the parents to 2 such cuties. That is what we grand parents do.LOL
I saw the orginal globe trotters when I was a senior in HS.I loved them that is for sure.
Hugs

Olga said...

What fun. What great smiles. I can remember seeing the Globe Trotters with my family...long ago, now.
Your hair may not be yellow, but it sure is pretty.

Cherrie said...

Great to see pictures of your grandkids! I am so happy you had a wonderful time with them.

NitWit1 said...

Great post about time with your grandchildren and how wonderful they are growing up to be caring and responsible as well as having fun with Grandma.

Oh well on the hair. I was once a true dark brunette. no more! Nada! But my gray and white has turn out pretty well, no yellow mixed in like sometimes happens.

I remember the Globetrotters when I was a child. Dad took all three of us. It was great fun.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like you are a wonderful wonderful woman to spend time with those you love and do those things.

Your life is full of giving. I love it. Great example to everyone.

Pat said...

My dear Maggie,
Sure is easy to tell that you're a proud Grandma...what a wonderful weekend with your grandbabies...although they aren't really babies anymore. Family is everything, isn't it.

Julia said...

Maggie, you are a great loving grandma and you have every right to be proud of your grandkids. Thanks for posting those great photos, You can plainly see that they love to do fund raising and I'm sure that they were especially happy to have you there. Just look at those smiles.

Hugs. JB

yaya said...

The Boy Scouts are great. All my boys were Scouts and my husband still is a leader and goes to camp every summer...he's gone to camp more than 20yrs now! I have hit the basketball trail with my Grandkiddos most winter months too. It's fun to see the parents turn into us! We did the same thing..now I don't think I could have the stamina to run all over every week! You are a super Grandma no matter what color your hair is...I'm glad you had a great time!

Sally Wessely said...

I'm so glad you had this time with your family. Life doesn't get any better than that.

I love how honest our grandkids are with us. I also think your "yellow" hair is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! The kids looked like they had a blast!

Hugs

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Your little grandkids are so darling.

My second granddaughter is a Girl Scout, so we will be eating a lot of cookies around here soon also!

xxoo,

RMW

Darlene said...

You are so right! Andrea is a beautiful woman. She and Clint are doing such a great job parenting those darling grandchilren of yours, Maggie. I think it is amazing that they are so wonderfully involved with all the things those two kids are into.

It is so neat that you were able to take them to the basketball game. I saw the Globetrottes years ago and I can only agree with you what great entertainers they are. No wonder Bailey gave them such wild applause at the end of the game. I can remember myself doing the very same thing!

The pine derby had to be so much fun for the boys. Honestly, it is super to know that a kid like Bailey can take such a great interest in collecting all that food. He did a good job by telling the people that he would collect on the following day. That way, I'm sure he got a lot more participants.

This was such a fun post to read. I love it when you tell about your family.

Shirley said...

Hi Maggie, I am taking a break from emboidering at the moment. I knew you would have a lot of fun when you went to see the Harlem globe trotters. They are in Kansas City at the Sprint Center this weekend. Whether in person or on television they are great entertainment. Your grandchildren are growing so very fast. They look as though they are really having a blast with their grandma and I know you were with them. Have a great weekend. Hugs your Missouri Friend.

sjmcdowell said...

Hi Maggie,

I Love these pictures of your grandchildren. They are getting so big and always beautiful. What fun they must have had seeing the Globe Trotters!!


My grandson John just joined the Cub Scouts a couple of weeks ago...
and He LOVES It!!

My prayers are always with you and yours...:)

Love and Blessings,

Susan
xxoo

Debbie said...

Love all the pics. Cute grand children, Maggie!! I also enjoyed the pics of Charleston and Magnolia Gardens. Thanks for posting those. Girl Scout Cookie time! So far I haven't seen anyone selling them here yet. My favorite are samoa's and thin mints. Never had lemonaide ones.

God Bless~
Debbie

A Tale of Two Cities said...

I remember Globetrotters Days with my two boys--hope I can take my grandkids someday in the future. Glad you had so much fun!

GerryART said...

I read this post the other night.
In the middle of a sleepless night.
I know better to attempt to post anything under those conditions.
Your visit to my blog brought me back. Had to showoff the pic of you to Hubby.
We both agree. Your Beautiful ! ! !

We been to a number of Pinewood Derbies with our Grandson. LOUD ! LOUD! The ScoutMaster told them the louder they were the faster their cars would go. Boys loved it - - - all the adults held their ears. lol

Love 'n hugs
Gerry & Hubby

Jennifer Richardson said...

a harlem globetrotting grandma
who eats girl scout cookies
and drinks Dr. Pepsi
for breakfast
is a basketfull of bounty
in grandma wonderfulness:)
they're lucky beauties,
those handsome kids!
-Jennifer