The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Heart is Breaking

These two pictures are of my darling grandchildren on their first day of school.
In July, my granddaughter Kaci, who is only seven was diagnosed with Juvenile Diabetes. My heart is breaking for her and my son because as most of know what a devastating diagnosis this is especially for a child. She is being so much braver than myself but does ask her mom and dad when will her diabetes go away and of course Juvenile Diabetes is for the rest of ones life once they have it. She is on four shots a day and that many or more finger pricks. Not only do they have to monitor her blood sugars but her nutrition. This is the second time in my life that Juvenile Diabetes has broke my heart. My oldest son, her Uncle was diagnosed when he was 14 and soon he will be 39. He has lived with this disease for 25 years. Out of those 25 years I don't think I ever heard my son complain about his having to do the shots or do without the sweets that we all enjoy especially around the holidays. He is a awesome man and I know that he will be of great help to his darling neice.
I myself am doing my best to turn this over to the Lord and try to cope better with it than I have been this past month. Kaci lives about 90 miles from me and I don't get to see her like I would like to. I love being around her and her brother Bailey but now that this has happened I don't see me being able to keep them over night anymore until she is a lot older. I have to learn all over again how to take care of a child with diabetes.
The other night I was reading a book by Beverly Lewis called The Missing. Very good book about an amish family. Anyway in the book there is a page about relinquishing control. She says "Coming before God with hands filled and leaving with them empty....that's relinquishing control." How I need to do this with several things in my life right now and especially with Kaci's illness. So my plans are to turn this situation over to the Lord and trust him.
Kaci is already active with the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation and is recruiting people to walk with her on October 31, 2009 in Austin. She is raising money for this great cause and if I can I will post her site for signing up and helping with this fund raiser. I will be one of the walkers to join her and hope to see you there.
I have never been very good about volunteering for things like this because I have always worked two or three jobs but now that I am in the third stage or final stage of life I have to do these things now there is no more putting it off until I have time. If enough people raise money for Juvenile Diabetes then maybe there is hope for a cure and one less darling child like Kaci can live a normal childhood instead of the one she is now destined to have.
I am still staying busy in law enforcement and my part time ranch job. Lord I have been mowing so much here lately that I actually feel like I am still on the tractor even hours after I quit. Lots of things to do around here but what a special beautiful place it is to live and work. God really blessed me with finding this place to live.
Working in law enforcement is getting harder every day. Right now we are dealing with a senseless murder of a doctor. I have trouble every time I have to deal with murders it never gets easier. Especially when the ones that did it show no remorse for their crimes. How very sad.
So until next time I get a moment to write. Take care of yourself and remember Life is Way to Short get out there and make a difference and join the Walk for Cure 2009 in Austin Texas you will not regret it.
Please visit my Walk Web page if you would like to donate online or see how close I am to reaching my personal goal:http://walk.jdrf.org/walker.cfm?id=87417440 Follow this link to make a donation:http://walk.jdrf.org/support.cfm?id=87417440

No comments: