The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Catching Up!

So much has been happening and no time to blog about it. We all have weeks like this and yet most of you find the time to sit down and write a post. Me I crawl in bed thinking I will do it first thing in the morning and before I know it morning turns into evening and I am exhausted again.



I still have not recovered from whatever bug I got two weeks ago. Most days I feel sort of like this big bear here. Just let me lay down and see if I can get over this crud.

Sad I had to ask a girlfriend today was it Tuesday or Wednesday. lol She probably thought HOW could she not even know what day of the week it is.

My house closed on the 19th and I managed to keep my britches up for the signing. I made sure I wore a different pair of pants. lol  I was too sick with the crud to cry but the young man could not hold his tears back. I begged him not to do it because I did not want to start. I have not even drove by there to see it. I will take him a gift basket of sweets for his kids though sometime before Christmas.

Enjoyed my Thanksgiving in Austin. Wish I could share pictures with you of the day but would you believe my camera was never taken out of my suitcase. You can tell just by that how much I have fallen as a fellow blogger. All good blogger's carry their camera around their neck, pockets or if all else fails their bra.

The way my body is swifting I would never get by with putting anything in my bra. It would be like pulling something from around my waist line. Yep too much information.

Back to Thanksgiving. My son Chad fixed an incredible feast for us. Never in my whole life have I fixed a meal like he set before Christi and myself. I was surprised that he had my grandmothers dressing recipe and it was every bit like hers. He fixed sweet potatoes that would have made me slap my Momma if she had been sitting there with us. OMG I actually let out some kind of noise when they touched my senses. Delicious squash that I still can not figure out how he did them. They were cut up like small potatoes and I actually thought they were potatoes when he took them out of the oven. I am not a squash eater but if I had not been still feeling sick I could of ate the whole bowl of them.

Now for dessert he made a pumpkin pie, pineapple upside down cake and a chocolate pecan pie. He surely missed his calling by not being a chef.

Then Friday Christi and I braved one store Bed Bath and Beyond for about an hour before heading over to my other son Clint's house. He was busy making his home light up like the movie Chevy Chase Christmas Holiday. Clint really does an excellent job of putting up his decorations. I can remember when he was a boy trying to decorate our home too.

This year he had Kaci out there helping him string lights. It was fun way to spend the day. They had all kinds of snacks and goodies for us to munch on through out the day.

Saturday I drove home with my grandson in my back seat. Never have I got to do this with Bailey. His Dad followed about thirty minutes later than us and then two hours later his wife and Kaci came to Brenham.

Clint had sold his big truck that he never drove to my nephew and he brought it to him. So I got to spend a little of Saturday with them too.

It was a blast visiting one on one with my grandson coming back home. We had a neat time at least I know I did.

The past two days I have been moving furniture all around the old farm house because after six years I found a way to get my living room suit from my brothers house. You see when I moved out here this house was smaller than my home in town and I have furniture scattered at different brothers houses.

I was told by the movers that my large couch, love seat and chase would not go through this old country door. Well everyone agreed with the movers and for years it set at my brothers. Every time I saw it I wanted it. So last week a guy was fixing some things out here and I ask him how much trouble and money would it be to take the frames off my front door so I could move my furniture here. He told me it would be easy and his crew would get the furniture for me.

Well this morning they arrived with it and all I had to do was open the front door. That furniture went in without one bit of trouble. I stood there in complete shock. There I had done without it for all those years because I believed everyone about how it would not go through those doors. So take it from me when you want something go after it.....do not waste years like I did. What really shocked me is he only charged me fifty dollars for moving it. I had to give him more because that was too cheap.

Maybe tomorrow I can find my camera and show you my old furniture that is like new to me. lol  I now have one large front room with two different living room suits. I had them move my dining room table out into the room next to the kitchen and the bedroom set that was in there they moved to the back. Well they moved just the bed and left the two amoires that match the bed in the dining room. lol When I can make room for them they will be moved to the back room with the bed and dresser. I am furniture poor.

The idiot and myself went through a period of collecting antiques. So I am lucky to still have most of them. I do have a bedroom set over at another brothers. He probably heard about me rounding up my living room set from his brother and is thinking I am coming after him next. hahaha I would if I had room for it.

Right now I am cozy upstairs. Yep I finally got all the paper on the walls or ceilings in this case. So can't wait to get my wicker repainted and curtains for the windows. But I will show you what I have so far. It was near freezing last night and I was actually kicking off covers up here. Wish I had you here to help me decorate it.
So I now have to share those pictures too. I promise I will dig the camera out and download them for you.

Oh and another thing has happened this past week. The Round Top Library has ask me to teach ceramics at their library. What happen is in my early life I owned a ceramic shop and I still had my commercial kiln in the garage of the home I sold last week. I called the library to donate it to them but they already had two plus a potters wheel. She then told me that they have never been fortunate to find anyone to teach ceramics. Since I had a kiln she thought I would be prefect for it. I told her I would think about it because it has been so long since I picked up a brush. I do need to get back with her and find out more about these classes.

Gosh I have wrote a chapter tonight. Just wanted to let you know I am still around kicking but not as high as usual. I need to mow at least once more before putting the tractors away for the winter. I keep thinking I will get that done but every day something prevents me from crawling up on the tractor. Believe me when I say I am not missing all the mowing at all. I feel like I am doing something wrong by not mowing.

Hope you are well and staying warm. Take care of yourself and know I am thinking of you.

Sweet Dreams
Maggie


21 comments:

Forty Pound Sack said...

Miss Maggie, I am so glad to see you! Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving, and I am SO GLAD you got your furniture. But you know, sweetie, you can never trust a man to tell you how big something is. They lose all sense of reality, LOL! Gotta carry a tape measure =)

Gorges Smythe said...

You really DID have some catching up to do!

Sonny G said...

Maggie,
get better ~! We cant have ya sick for the holidays..
Glad you had a great Thanksgiving and that your home closed.
Thats good news about getting your furniture too.

I sure have missed ya.
xoxo
Sonny

Arkansas Patti said...

Totally understand why you feel like that bear. That would have been a busy time period with out feeling crappy.
Glad the home sale is final. That has to be a weight gone. I don't recommend visiting them after too long however. Often when we see what others do to our homes via redecorating, it isn't pleasant. I was totally shocked when I saw what had been done to my home in Florida and I know I set the teeth on edge of the former owners of my home now when they visited me after a year. Think it was my orange wall paint.
Don't over do and feel much better soon.

PoetessWug said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon, Maggie. I know how it is when the hitch in your get-a-long isn't in proper gear! ^_^

Olga said...

Wow, Maggie! No wonder that you are exhausted at the end of the day. I have to go take a nap from just reading your post.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

You have been so busy, Maggie! The ceramics class sounds great. Maybe something you can do during the winter months when it is less busy on the North Forty. I can't wait to see some pictures of your new/old furniture.

smartcat said...

One of the things I like about my computer is that I have day, date and time in front of me.

Thanks for the catch-up....you've been busy!

Unknown said...

So glad to see you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Sounds like you have great kids! Hugs!

Julia said...

I hope that you feel better soon but it looks like you have been so busy, it''s no wonder that you are feeling tired.

Chad sounds like my brother Victor. He's an amazing cook. I never knew that he could make a gourmet meal until I visited him last year. How nice of Chad to treat you to such a feast.


I'm glad that you are getting your old furniture back. I move heavy furniture by slip[ping some towels under the corners and slide and push them where I want. The men always scratch the floors when they move furniture and it makes me furious.

Is the library willing to pay you to teach or are they expecting you to volunteer?

A lot has changed since I stopped doing ceramics in 2000 but you can get up to date by visiting Dogwood Ceramics from Louisiana online. They are very informative.

Looking forward to seeing those pictures.
Love & hugs,
JB

Cathy said...

Your son sounds like mine. He can put me to shame when it comes to cooking.
Glad you are still alive and kicking and hope you feel better soon.
Please show us pics of your new/old living room furniture!

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Despite feeling ike crud...you sound UPBEAT!
Aha....you too had a meal cooked by your son. :0)
Enjoyed my visit with you today and I'll stop by again.
(((hugs)))Pat

Delena said...

Maggie, thanks for stopping by my blog. Indeed you have been very busy. I love the story about the house and the buyer. Your Thanksgiving dinner sounds delicious. I have a son who loves to cook and has such a talent for it. I am wondering where he got that from.... (not me).

Sharon said...

How wonderful for you to have a son that likes to cook.
It sounds like it was all yummy.
I did not get my camera out either but I did think about it just forgot I guess I have a bad case of CRS!!!
Hugs

Dr. Kathy McCoy said...

What a great Thanksgiving weekend you had -- despite feeling under the weather! I'm so glad for you! The dinner sounded fantastic. I've been felled by the same cruddy illness. It really is the pits. I hope we're both feeling fine and back to our usual mischief soon!

yaya said...

Congrats on selling your house. In this market it's a good thing. I know how hard it was for you but I can't help thinking it's a load off your mind and back taking care of 2 places. I know that family will enjoy it. Hope you feel better soon. You have been so busy! I'll look forward to those pics of your furniture! Have a good weekend!

Susan Anderson said...

It was great to catch up on all your news, and I was especially glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, got to spend some extra time with family, and got to put all your old furniture in the house. (Better late than never, right?)

I'm also excited about the idea of you teaching ceramics. So cool!

=)

PS. Get well soon, okay?

A Tale of Two Cities said...

Your son sounds like quite the chef! How did you train him so well? It was fun catching up on all your news!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Wow! What a post!
You have been busy. Sounds like Thanksgiving was awesome. I'm so happy it was.
I can't imagine Thanksgiving Day being Austin warm.

Looking forward to seeing the new couch!

GerryART said...

You're not the only one not knowing which day of the week it is. For Hubby and me, every day seems like Sunday!

Getting your furniture must feel like having old friends return.

Some times it's just better to enjoy the company than to think about photos.

As active as you've been lately it's hard to think that you are not at your peak. LOL. LOL

Sweet Maggie, soon it's going to have a cup of hot coffee and a fistful of shortbread cookies.

Enjoy this first week of December

Lov n hugs

Anonymous said...

Whoah this blog is wonderful i like studying your
articles. Keep up the good paintings! You understand,
a lot of individuals are searching round for this info, you could
help them greatly.