The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Thursday, December 31, 2009

A VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU FROM ME!

THANKS FOR ALL THE GOOD TIMES IN 2009!

This my dear friends is how all of you make me feel!....So to all you who have not yet started bloggland then my New Years wish for you is start a blog and never look back!

To all of my dear friends that have joined me this past year in all my ups and downs I wish you the very best New Year ever. I wish for you in the new year ahead that you all believe in yourself and that all your dreams come true in 2010. I wish for you Inner Peace, Well Being, Security, Beauty and Happiness.
Tomorrow is a Fresh Start for all us! Some of us need this more than others....

Remember this by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross

It's Only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth----and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up----that we will begin to live each day to the fullest, as if it was the ONLY one we had.....

So another wish I have for all of you is starting this January 1st 2010 that You all live each day to the very fullest and enjoy all that God has given us to enjoy. That includes taking the time to enjoy my blog (hahaha) and everyone else that has crossed your path.
Today try to see your world a little differently. Take the time to enjoy all the beauty that surrounds you.
Just recently I have been getting emails from some of you out here that are really having bad times in your life and not sure which way to turn. To you I hope that you start trusting again mostly in yourselves and that you especially trust your own instincts. Try to remember this LOVE yourself first and everything else will fall into place for you. I have found out in the last few years from a lot of trial and error that you really have TO love yourself to get anything done in this world of ours.

A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU FROM ME!


I have to tell you about the funnest movie..... One moment I was laughing and the next moment I was crying.


This is a must see movie and one that I will have watch again and again.
I promise you will laugh until you can not laugh any more.



'It's Complicated,' with Meryl Streep, is funny food for thought


By Michael O'Sullivan

Friday, December 25, 2009; WE18



Some of the best -- and dirtiest -- lines in "It's Complicated" can't be printed in a family newspaper. Heck, some of the best lines aren't even lines.



Instead, they're looks, landed with the skill of a Chesley Sullenberger by two masters of comic acting in this very grown-up -- and very funny -- love story. The romantic comedy about a divorced couple having an affair manages to be both light on its feet and heavy enough to deliver something of a message. But more on that later.



The masters in question, of course, are Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. As Jane and Jake Adler -- 10 years divorced and with three grown children, yet suddenly drawn back into each other's lives (and beds) after a drunken fling over the weekend of their son's (Hunter Parrish) college graduation -- the stars pick up the movie and run away with it. The writing and direction, by rom-com veteran Nancy Meyers ("Something's Gotta Give"), are deft enough. But it's Streep and Baldwin's gamely ribald performances, and their seemingly effortless, effervescent chemistry, that put the pep in this movie's highly choreographed, yet richly entertaining step.



True to the film's title, Jane and Jake's affair is a little tricky, made so both by the fact that Jake is remarried, to a hot but hard-looking harpy played by Lake Bell, and by the growing flirtation between Jane and Adam (Steve Martin), the gentlemanly architect who's redoing her house.



Women of a certain age are going to love that. They won't know which is sexier: that Jane is lusted over by two handsome suitors or that she's finally getting her dream kitchen.



In other words, there's two kinds of cheesecake being served here. The half-sexy, half-comic kind exemplified by an all-but-naked Baldwin attempting to hide his considerable girth (and man parts) behind the flimsy screen of a laptop computer -- in one hilarious seduction scene that involves Martin's character watching in horror at the other end of a video-chat screen -- and cheesecake of a more literal sort.



Jane, you see, is a talented chef and owner of a bustling bakery-cum-coffeehouse, and Meyers sets as many scenes as possible within its homey confines. There, or in Jane's casually elegant home kitchen, around whose farm-style table she's often shown preparing food for her adorable brood, which includes daughters played by Zoe Kazan and Caitlin Fitzgerald, and a future son-in-law (John Krasinski, never better).



Now, about that message.



Ten years after her marriage failed, food has become, for Jane, almost a surrogate for love. She uses it to bind her kids to her. She uses it to seduce Adam, in a late-night bout of the munchies brought on by a pot-fueled party, after which they passionately bake chocolate croissants together. And it's one of the things that Jake misses most about his ex-wife (and that just might explain that considerable girth). "I love it when you smell like butter," he tells her, in Baldwin's trademark, big-cat purr.


I am at home tonight not ringing in the New Year because its back to the sheriff's office in the morning and 3:30 am always comes way too early. I hate to say it but I dread tomorrow because of all the drunks that will be arrested tonight. If you do ring in the New Year tonight please be safe and
Sweet Dreams
Maggie
















52 comments:

LuLu Kellogg said...

Dearest Maggie~
I do hope you don't get any spit up or poo on you tomorrow! You may want to enter your office in a Hazmat suit!

Please tell Miss Pearl Happy New Year too!

Love,
LuLu~*xoxo

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Maggie aka Grandma Yellow Hair,

I absolutely adore reading your blog. I love that you work in Law Enforcement and your completely a lady when you are at home. I'm glad that there are GOOD people like you protecting our streets and rights.

I'm a big Meryl Streep fan, so that movie is a must for me, not so much anyone else in the house = P

Thank you for making my 2009 a bit brighter with your posts, since I am trying to get use to blogging seriously now.

Have a very WONDERFUL beginning to what I am sure will be a year of fun and laughs.

May

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy New Year Maggie sweetie...
I have so enjoyed my time at your blog. You have made me laugh, made me cry, made me smile and made me fly away with you to so many places and dreams...I love "Just Between Me and You". Thank you for making me feel special when I come by.

I get up at 3am every morning, as I am out the door by 5am and at work by 5:30. I know about those early hour wake ups. Sometimes I invision myself shuffling around as I do (being the Duncan Doughnut commercial guy, Time to Make the Doughnuts.) I think that is what I could compare myself to so many times in the morning. I don't drink coffee, but give me my cup of tea, and I am off to the races.

Being here in Phoenix, we will stay inside tonight. Tony is sick with bronchitis, he has been out all week, and there are way to many gun toting idiots running around out here. At midnight you can hear the gunshots going off all over the place. The scary part, those bullets all have to come down somewhere. How stupid these people are. We have had years that it sounded like a fire fight going on outside. You bunker down and ride it out. The poor police are so unindated with calls, you waste your time calling.

I pray you leave Ms Pearl at home tomorrow. You do not need another black eye or bruised nose. That bike accident almost did you in. Be sure and let me know how tomorrow goes sweetie. I will be praying for your safety.

2010 is going to be the best year ever. We are going to climb many mountains together, I can feel it.

Country hugs Maggie sweetie and so much love, Always Sherry

Sue @ Not the Good Scissors! said...

Happy New Year. The picture of the little girl says it all.

We are staying home tonight. Too many crazies out there. Well except for the ones that won't be out there because they will be visiting you in a few hours. :) :) :)

I look forward to sharing and laughing through another year with you.
Hugs, Sue

joanne said...

your sweet post has really touched my heart as did your comment to me today. I so cherish our friendship and am so grateful that we have blogs!! I pray that you will be safe tonight as you work with all the crazies that come out on New Years and I hope that your new year will be blessed with joy, peace and good health. After I get settled over the next few days I would love to talk with you about Kaci and our connection with type 1. In my heart I know she will be o.k. Take care sweet Maggie and Happy New Year!!

a Bohemian Market said...

hi Maggie:
I am at home and glad it is warm and comfy : )
Shoot, I like being at home : )
I am glad to say Happy New Year to you. I am glad to know you and enjoy hearing your stories. Ms. Pearl's too : )
Take care and don't let anyone spoil tomorrow for you.
I think you are really a nice lady
peace & hugs
carole

Delena said...

What a concidence. I just posted and talked about the movie we went to tonight to celebrate New Years. It was the same movie you are talking about in your post. Too cool.
Happy New Year. Looking forward to next year with your funny and thoughtful blog now in my life.

Terry said...

Howdy Maggie
Bet you thought I wasn't coming by ,but here I am to wish you all the very best that 2010 has to offer .
May God work miracles in your life daily from the start to the finish of 2010 !
I wish for you a cup that overflows each day all through the new year with more than enough,love,joy,peace,good health,laughter and prosperity to not only meet all your needs but those you desire to bless.
Happy New Year to you my fun ,fabulous blogging friend.
I so look forward to all the many blessings that are going to come my way as i visit your blog in 2010 !
Big Hugs
Happy Trails

Together We Save said...

Love your blog!! Wishing you a Happy New Year!!

Bunnym said...

I am home in a warm and cozy place with my husband and daughter and I woundn't wanna be any where else, and when it's midnight, we will venture outside and hug each other and hold on tight and know that together we will ring in the new year the exact same way we treat each other every single day. I am one lucky duck! Thank you for your inspirational entry. Good luck at work...and stay away from puke and poop..lol

bunny

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

WHAT FABULOUS WISHES MS PEARL! Lovely thoughts and words and so appreciated. Happy New Year to you too...I can't wait to see that movie...great review!

Stay Cozy, Carrie

Hootin Anni said...

Happy New Year to you too!!!

What a great post. Enjoyed it ALL! Now that movie, as I love going to movies -----it's really that good, huh? Well, that'll be on my 'to do list' then for sure. [I've heard it's getting all kinds of nominations]

DANDELION DAYDREAMER said...

Great new years post :) Happy New Year from Dandelion Daydreamer! x

Renie Burghardt said...

Happy New Year, Maggie! May 2010 shower you with blessings!

Loved the review of "It's Complicated" and plan to see it soon.

I am feeling well, Maggie, but I did spend several days in the hospital just before Christmas. Still need a bit more energy, but it's getting better every day. Thank you for asking about me.

Had a couple of old friends here last night for a snacking and yakking New Year's Eve. Today I have been invited to lunch.

Love the music!

Happy New Year, Maggie!

Hugs and Blessings,

Renie

Jblover109Woozworld said...

Many wonderful blessings to you this year too Maggie! Hope your day goes fast so you can come home and enjoy the holiday!

Arkansas Patti said...

Back at ya Maggie. Stay clear of the drunk tank. Nothing pretty there.
Happy New Year lady.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

A most wonderful, happy, healthy and abundant New Year to you. And may their be NO drunks on the roads. Simple, right?

Pom Pom said...

HI Maggie! I hope you get to come home from work today, enjoy a cuppa something, and rest. Light a candle or two for YOU, in that pretty house of yours.

Anonymous said...

I think It's Complicated is my new favorite movie! It made me belly laugh so hard I thought I was going to get kicked out of the theater.

Anne Lorys said...

It was absolutely wonderful to make your aquaintance this year, and I look forward to getting to know you better this coming year!

Wishing you a very blessed and Happy New Year, sweet friend!
Anne

Brenda Pruitt said...

Nope, went to bed my old usual time, compulsive person that I am! I haven't seen this movie, and don't go to movies hardly ever. But I will want to see it once it gets to Netflix. I just last weekend saw Julie & Julia with the ever-wonderful Meryl Streep.
Brenda

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Happy New Year to you Maggie. I just recently discovered you and your awesome blog and I'm so glad I did!
Hope 2010 is the best yet!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I so want to see this movie....now I REALLY want to see it!!! Hope your year is everything you dreamed it will be.

God bless and have a wonderful evening!

Tamerie Shriver Halliday said...

Happy New Year, Maggie!

I loved your post. The words of wisdom, the plug and/or insights to 'It's Complicate,' all of it! You are so right about the movie. At the strangest moments, a line will pop into my mind and i start laughing. This is definitely a movie I will be buying when it's out on DVD.

May 2010 be your best ever!

Hugs,
Tamerie

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Maggie...stopping by to wish you a very HAPPY NEW YEAR....

Fondly,
Kary
xxx

Sarah Lulu said...

Happy New Year .... I loved your photos of your farmhouse ...I have lots of pink in mine too.

xxx

Linda K. said...

Maggie,

This movie must be good for so many comments and posts about it. So tomorrow I am going to see it in the afternoon. Enjoyed your post today and will be back for more my friend. So glad to have met you this year and here is to 2010 and a greater friendship.

My best,
Linda

Gypsy Heart said...

Thanks for the chuckle! I love the first pic of the little girl...adorable. Wishing you the happiest of new year's with all that you wish for and deserve.

tattered 'n torn prims said...

Happy New Year....and I agree....thanks for the chuckles!!!

Stace

Auntie Cake said...

Hey Maggie~
A very Happy 2010 to you also! Hope there weren't too many drunks to keep you company at work this morning... And heard my sis won your giveaway! So exciting, I can't wait to taste the fudge, I know she will share, if not, I will just go over and snitch some when she's not looking. Gotta love sisters!!!
Kate

Debbie said...

Hi!
Yes, I came over to your blog vis Jojo's blog and love your blog. Your little farm home is beautiful! I adore it! I look forward to follwing you now and hope you follow mw too!! Happy New Year!

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Debbie said...

That was suppose to be via's Jojo's blog....LOL

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a sweet little picture. I too wish all the same for your Maggie. Always get a giggle from your posts. Hope that your first day of the New Year at the office wasn't too crazy! We were all safe and sound at home, barely staying awake until the midnite hour. I so want to see that movie. We watched The Blind Side the other day and loved it. Very inspiring and feel good movie. Wishing you a wonderful day and happiness the whole year through. Tmamy

The Rustic Victorian said...

I wish you a safe and Happy New Year, its always entertaining to read your blog and see what's on your mind. I think the movie looks good, its on my list.
Love
Marcie

Kissed by an Angel said...

Wishing you a very Happy 2010!! You are so right - we should all live each day to the fullest!!!
xxxx

Unknown said...

What a wonderful post. You are truly an inspiration. I wish you and yours a safe, healthy and prosperous new year.

All The Best - Kim

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Happy new Year to you too! I am hoping to see that movie too... looks very cute.

Blessings,
LMM

nanny said...

I have had time this weekend to really do some blog reading....and I found your great one! Great review of It's Complicated! Meryl can do no wrong in my book, I can't wait to see this one!
Happy New Year! Glad to find a very good blog for this new year!

Marie said...

Have a beautiful New Year!

Thank you for the review of "It's Complicated". I've had every intention of seeing it and now, more so.

Blessings!
Marie

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Happy New Year, Miss Maggie!! May 2010 bring you everything you are dreaming of!

I sooo love the graphic of the little awestruck girl! Wherever did you find it and do you mind if I make a copy of it for myself. She so reminds me of how I feel quite often! I'm soooo in touch with my inner child, you know! LOL

I am really enjoying seeing pictures of your lovely home. We have lots in common!!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Rebecca Nelson said...

Happy New Year Maggie!

Always enjoy my visits to your place and I especially LOVED seeing your FarmHouse. I also adore your name "GrandmaYellowHair".

My neice once asked my momma why her tummy was big. She replied because she was getting old and fat. Miss J then said "It's OK Gramma. I love you LUMPY!"

I love what comes out of the mouths of children.

I adore you Ms. M.

Love, Rebecca

Caddie said...

After reading Sniffles and Smiles (one of my favorites, btw) earlier today I clicked on her link to yours. What a find! Maggie, you are something else! I love your blog but unfortunately, I read the whole thing in one sitting. You are a born blogger is my opinion. Just wish I could write 'nice and happy' posts as you do; I rant a lot. You are now in my favorites so I can keep up. I love your stories, especially the one of you in the car with the drunk - brave woman. Hilarious you are; no wonder you have so many followers in such a short time. I'll be back. It's hours past my bedtime. Reading blogs is addictive, wouldn't you say?

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Maggie: Thanks for the good advise and well wishes. I do plan to see that movie. Wishing you God's best this coming year. Blessings, Martha

Beth at Aunties said...

Sweet and brave Maggie,
Thank You for starting to blog and letting all of us into your life. You bring so many smiles to my face and I am sure so many others.
I hope you are safe and sound after weathering in working a cruel night for law inforcement.
Thank You for all your kind comments and I love when you visit.
I also loved and adored this movie. I certainly wasn't a lady when I was laughing until I hooted during the show. My husband turned to me and said, "Grab your things...I don't want anyone to know who it was crackling so loud!" I grabbed everything but my purse and he had to go back in the theatre to get it!
Some times I was laughing so hard I couldn't think I would breathe. The theatre we went to had it was rated PG 13. So I must have missed out on some funny lines!:-)

Happy New Year my friend!

Jacque said...

Bonjour Grandma! I am so dying to see that movie! Every time someone tells me about it, it just gets better. I hope that I don't end up liking the kitchen better than the midlife thing...know what I mean??? LOL

Anyway, blessing to ya for a great 2010! Thanks for sharing your life with us via blogland.

♥Mimi♥ said...

What a wonderful post to begin the year! Wishing your and everyone you love a very special 2010☺

My Mother's Garden said...

Hi Maggie~
Loved reading this post! Now I must go see "It's Complicated"! Here's to hoping 2010 is full of blessings for the entire world!
Happy day : )
~Karrita

artangel said...

Maggie you write beautifully - I'm very happy to have discovered your blog!

I completely agree that being aware of our mortality isn't maudlin, it's necessary to appreciate fully all the wonders, beauty and exeriences of life. I will try to take your words to heart!

Oh, and I so want to see "It's Complicated" even more now!!

Charlene said...

Maggie I loved this post!!! You said so many things that are right on the mark! We don't know how long our clocks will continue to tick or what lies ahead so we MUST live each day to it's fullest! I was so touched by your sweet comment left me on New Years Day! I treasure your friendship too! Thank you for you hugs, prayers & support for Reba & I. I am waiting with baited breath for bloodwork results on Monday. Hugs! Charlene

My Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Hi Maggie...thanks for stopping by....

I loved that movie with my beloved Alec ssoooo much......too funny...

more later,
kary
xxx

Carole Burant said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, dear Maggie!! I'm finally taking time away from cleaning and decluttering to visit my dear bloggy friends:-)

I feel so very blessed to have met you through blogging and yes, you're right, everyone should experience having a blog!! The friendships made are priceless. I so look forward to getting to know you better:-)

I've heard about that movie but haven't seen it yet. It certainly does sound like an excellent movie so I look forward to seeing it one day!! I usually wait for them to come out on dvd.

Here's to 2010...and here's to friendship:-) xoxo

Libbie said...

Oh I love that picture of the little girl so cute! I love when my daughter gets that look & I wish so bad that I had t captured. I might have to have her fake it just so I can get a picture & remember what she looked like doing that!

I can't waoit until the movie scomes out on DVD! I don't get to theathers much with the 3 little ones - but soon Rocco will be old enough for me to leave with sitters! But I am thinking I will probably catch that one in a few months :)

Take Care!