The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Monday, April 25, 2011

I Am Sooooo Angry!



Thank you for all the sweet Easter comments. I needed them more than I can say. In all honesty I hesitate to do this post. Yet I can not remember when I have been this angry. I almost feel like a hypocrite for posting about our most prescious Jesus Christ Ascension and then turn around the next post with so much anger in me.

I can hear my mother right now telling some woman years ago you can try to walk all over me but when it comes to my kids you better think twice. Now I know exactly what she meant by this remark.

Good Friday my daughter Christi and her boyfriends sister were driving into her apartment complex. There was a couple and a young child walking in the middle of the road inside the apartment complex and completely took up the rode where Christi could not go around. She told me she drove behind them waiting for them to get over so she could pass but they never would. Finally she was just about at her garage door when they moved out of the way and Christi went around them and pulled into her garage.

Before she knew it the woman from the road had ran up to Christi screaming and cursing. She mentioned something about Christi's little sports car and her thinking she was better than them. Also yelling that she had put her child in danger by going around them.

Christi kept asking her what she did wrong but the woman just kept screaming and kept getting closer to her face and one thing lead to another and Christi pushed her away from her face. Then Christi turned to go into the house and the girl grabbed Christi by her hair and pulled her down and beat her in the back of her head over and over until Christi's boyfriend and sister somehow managed to pull her off.

Then the woman's boyfriend or husband gets involved and pushes Jason's sister really hard and I think to the ground. Somehow Jason manages to get them inside and calls the police.

Two units showed up because someone else had already called the police. Christi told her side the woman told hers and the police obviously did not want to go to the trouble of an arrest because they told Christi since she pushed the woman first then if she filed Assault against the woman then Christi was going to jail too.

As far as I know Christi has never ever been in a fight or gone to jail. She was crying and hurt while this was going on but the police did not want to hear her side. Even though this happened in Christi's garage and Christi had a big goose egg knot on the back of her head.

Thank goodness Jason took Christi to the emergency room and had her looked at both that night and the next day. She keeps telling me she is okay but just really hurting and even some of her hair was falling out.

They were suppose to come to my house Easter Sunday for dinner and I was going to meet Jason's sister from California for the first time. Due to Christi's injury they did not come and I paced the floors wanting to go to her but she kept telling me not too.

I can not tell you how angry this made me. I can take a lot and have taken a lot but when it comes to my children then it is a whole other story. Honestly I am ashamed of the anger I am feeling towards that couple.
I know their type because I have booked ones just like them hundreds of times. Mean to the bone. They think we owe them something and they live off of our tax money.

It is a good thing that I lived 90 miles from this woman at the time I heard this and that I could barely walk because of my pain or I am pretty sure I would of gone to Austin and would of ended up in jail myself.  Never have I wanted to not turn the other cheek like I have in this situation. Ashamed yes I am but they hurt my baby for no reason and it appalls me that they got away with it.

Also how do I know this is over with. People like this don't forget and they go back and hurt again. I told Christi to start immediately to get out of that lease and away from those idiots. I also told her to get a restraining order today on them but as of this writing I don't know what has been done.

While writing this I noticed how tight my jaws were and my teeth jammed together like someone ready to fight. My daughter's first mistake was pushing the woman but of course I understand when some one is screaming in your face that is a first reaction. Her second mistake was turning her back to her. Since Christi is such a good person and never been in a fight had no clue how you don't turn your back on someone like this.

Oh how I wish when she saw that woman running up to her that she would of ran for her back door instead of trying to talk to this crazy idiot. I know I over re-acted when I was being told this story but this is three days later and I am still furious.

What kind of world do we live in now? So sad and scary.

Forgive me Lord for my anger and help me to remember to love my neighbor and to somehow forgive these people.

Thanks to you I have vented and I know that you will pray that my daughter can heal not only outside but inside because being assaulted like this takes a very long time to get over and sometimes you never do.

Love to all
Maggie

27 comments:

Annesphamily said...

I am praying for your precious daughter. People today are insane. It is scary to be out and about because you seem to get caught up with the looney folks! I know life is tough but I think our legal system stinks and that is why people are the way they are. They get away with it! But my late father always said "God knows everything and someday all of us will stand before Him. I can not imagine the pain your sweet girl felt. How awful that these nuts are walking around with their children no less! Let me just pray and try to remain calm and tell you that being a mom I would feel exactly the way you do. I am praying for you all. Anne
Big COlorado hug to all of you!

Shawkl said...

Wow! You were right to advise your daughter to start looking elsewhere. I keep thinking of that poor child watching all of this take place. Sad.

I had a similar instance in front of my own house a few years back, slow moving sassy folks just taking their time crossing my driveway...even stopping in the middle to "adjust their shoes...and they were slip-ons!". All the time I was sitting there with my left blinker on. I turned just as soon as they passed the driveway safely. They yelled and they called the police claiming that I had tried to run over them. I told the cop what had happened. The girl kept yelling about racism. I had had enough nonsense. So, I told the girl that if I had wanted to run over her she would be dead right now...and in a trash bag out in the country somewhere. She shut her mouth and got the heck out of my yard. Like you, I was so ticked off I didn't care anymore what anyone might think...or what they might do. It was stupid...but human.

Take a deep breath. You gave your daughter the best advice you can. Try to put it behind you. Sending Hugs!
Kathy

Anonymous said...

Maggie,

People like that KNOW they can basically beat you one punch from death as long as they don't touch the other person first. I was assaulted in high school by a girl two times my size. I would have pressed charges anyway -- the judge would have probably thrown it out of court but at least it would be on record. No doubt this woman has a history of this.

I am so sorry your daughter had to experience this. You are all in my prayers. Tell her to be safe and if that woman approaches her to take out her cell phone and start recording all of it.

Your Friend,
Deborah

Deb said...

that is just terrible...hope your daughter is better soon...hope venting helped you also...

Home and Heart said...

Even The Almighty has righteous anger!! (Although I am glad you aren't acting on it for your sake) I hope your daughter is okay soon. I am sure when it goes to court and they hear it happened in HER garage, and that she felt threatened it will work out!!

acorn hollow said...

I hope your daughter is better soon and you can get calmed down it really is not good for you either. There are all kinds of people as I am sure you know. and this kind does not deserve your energy.
blessings maggie
Cathy

Anonymous said...

What is the diference between a sociopath & an ignorant person?? Well, there certainly are medical definitions but on the outside they are the same.
Thumbnail sketch....
I had a situation last summer with a neighbor. I am nearly 60 & he is 50. I asked him to stop his dog from barking as I needed rest during my cancer treatments.... He went off the deep end & completely debased me in my yard, twice. Police came... he got pushy with woman officer.... she threatened to arrest him on my behalf & the dept. He hasn't bothered me since & the dog is fairly quiet. The last incident was last Sept. He has been nasty to all neighbors. Guess what???? He now has terminal liver cancer..... Pay Back is a Bitch!!
Hope all works out well.... Tell her NOT to turn her back on them!!
Marilyn

Tam said...

Maggie this was the last thing you needed along with all your pain.
I have to tell you reading this raised my anger level pretty high and it was not my daughter.
Like you I would be furious. Hope your daughter listens to you and gets as far away from those people. Not fair she has to move but I would encourage that myself if I were her mother.
Give Christi my love and to take care. You too sweet Maggie
Tam

Susie Swanson said...

Maggie I am so sorry this happened. While reading this I felt anger boil in me. I can't blame you for I would be feeling the same thing. When It comes to our children, people better move over. There's people like that everywhere. Hopefuly things will get better for you and your daughter, especially with the pain you have to endure. Susie

Julia said...

I'm so sorry about this whole incident. I'll pray for your daughter that she will heal and also that move out of there as soon as possible. That woman is certainly missing a few brain cells. I don't blame you at all for being angry.

I think that Maggie got so angry this time that Ms Pearl didn't even dared to come out. I hope that all this will be resolved shortly. Hugs. JB

Draffin Bears said...

Hi Maggie,

this is so awful and I can understand you being so angry. These people were probably out looking for trouble, maybe fueled by drugs and alcohol.
I do hope Christi will be feeling better, as something like this will be hard to get over.
Sending you and her my love and you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Please take care of yourself too.
Hugs
Carolyn

yaya said...

I was actually clenching my teeth while reading this! How awful, and in her own space too. It's scary how this world seems to be going. We just have to remember that we are not "them"..and good people do surround us. They are just more quiet! So hopefully these nut cases won't return, and your daughter can heal and maybe find a new place to live. I understand your anger, so forgive yourself and I guess it's a lesson to all of us to really be careful and call police asap if anyone goes postal on you...sorry Maggie that this has happened to your family.

Debby said...

Oh Maggie, I am so sorry. I don't blame you for being so upset. What an awful thing to happen. Your poor daughter. I hope that she will be okay. I am sure that she was really scared. I am sorry that you are in so much pain physically and now emotionally. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

myletterstoemily said...

what an outrageous thing for that woman to do! it sounds
like she was on drugs. i pray for a swift healing for your
daughter and for her protection from that deranged lady.

Char said...

My blood is boiling right now. Of course the lion is going to come out and want to protect her cub. Even the good Lord above gave us this instinct for a reason. He would not be mad.
This is some of what's wrong in this country. No one seems to take responsibility for anything anymore. It's such a shame that your daughter was injured and then could not press charges. The bad seem to get away with most bad behavior anymore. If this continues to happen, how will anyone learn? I am saying prayers for all of you that you will be able to put this behind you and move on. Don't give anymore power to the idiots, Char

Libbie said...

Maggie I can't even tell you the emotions that went through me when I was reasding this!!!!! I can imagine how mad you were because I am mad! I seriously can't even believe that woman! & in front of her daughter too! It is a good thing Kate & i are far away too! We can be scary :) We are very tall! I hope Christi is okay & yes I really hope she gets out of there fast! i'll check in with you guys later & I wanna here if anything else happens...Sorry Christi that this happened to you! I am sure it was so scary!!!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

I am so very sorry for your sweet injured daughter. But so very thankful that she is alright, as these days things can have such horrid endings sometimes. I will say prayers for Christy and for you, too, sweet little mama ~ we always hurt ten times worse when someone does something to our children.

Hugs and Prayers,
Stephanie
ANngelic Accents

Debbie said...

Never ever mess with us Mama Bears. I am a mild person but when it comes to my kids or grand kids, you better watch out, so I totally understand your anger. God put that in us to protect our young, so he is not mad or angry at you for feeling that way. I hope your daughter heals both physically and mentally from this, and listens to her Mama and gets out of there. I am sorry you didn't get to be with them on easter. Hubby and I were alone this year.
I pray you are feeling better and you and your sweet daughter will be in my prayers.

God Bless~
Debbie

Susan Anderson said...

No wonder you're mad, Maggie. It made me mad just reading it!

"/

Kim said...

Maggie,
This is terrible. Road rage is alive and well even in driveways. Just another example of the lack of respect in society. I'm so sorry your daughter got hurt.
Kim

Shirley said...

Hi Maggie, I know where you are coming from and you have a right to be mad. What about the victim's rights? It seems to me that they protect who should be punished. I am praying for her and you. I hope she gets moved quickly. People think they have a right to do what ever they want regardless of who they hurt, but what about our rights if we are on the receiving in. You should have the right to protect yourself. Take care. Your Missouri Friend.

Sharon said...

I know what you mean as I had that same hatred this weekend for a brute at an egg hunt.
The parents of children sure are setting a wonderful example for our next generation.
I am sure that the Lord has forgiven us for our thoughts. I pray that your daughter is better and will consider moving.
Hugs

Dan said...

Maggie~

I am so sorry that this happened! I completely understand your anger. That is what makes you a good mom. You want to protect your children and you want to defend them. Don't beat yourself up for what comes naturally to wonderful mothers like you. You daughter is so blessed to have you. I will pray that she gets over this dramatic event very soon!

Love Ya,
~Dan~

Julie Whitmore Pottery said...

Once the perps followed the victim into the garage, that changes things.
Hope pics were taken of the injury, they can be used later. Also a diary of what happened, all written down, dates and times.
Any witnesses records too, just in case this goes to court.
Hope all has a happy outcome
xx
julie

Brynwood Needleworks said...

Hi Maggie:
Imagine my surprise as I came to visit and catch up on your medical progress and how you spent your Easter! I can't begin to tell you how appalled I was when I read about what happened to Christi. I'm sorry that she was put in the position to have to push someone away to get them out of her "space", as they threatened her. I'm also appalled that the police did nothing to support her in the whole matter. Everyone needs to remember that thugs come in all shapes, sizes and both genders, and protect themselves accordingly. You never know when that person might have a gun, knife or even hands that can inflict serious injury. I agree with you, that in this day and age, it's better to run inside, lock the door and call the police. My mum always said "there are more horse's asses in this world than horses"! Christi met another one. I hope she feels better soon...and that she is able to get a restraining order until she's able to move away.
xoxo
Donna

Anonymous said...

Oh, sweet Maggie I have no idea how I missed this post. I am so sorry for what happened to Christi and I hope she is doing okay.

It is so sad how some people are in our world today. One never knows what some are going to do so there is no wonder that things have changed so much when it comes to being nice and friendly to others when one is out among the public.

I would have been very angry just as you were if that had happened to one of my children. I see you put out another post after this one so I am on my way to read. I am so sorry I have missed your last posts.

Hope you are feeling better. Hugs

Caddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.