The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Poo-Pourri


As most of you that know me I am no young chick. I guess the name Grandma Yellow Hair gives that away. I lived a lot of years, seen and heard a lot, have been blessed many times but never in all my sixty years have I received such a gift.

Yep I walked to the mailbox and there was a package from our friend Marydon and Harold from Blushing Rose blog. I was excited walking back to the ole farm house to tear open my little package.
Inside I found this little bottle of  Poo-Pourri. Now you can scratch the fleas off of my dooper but I ain't  never heard of Poo-Pourri. What will they come up with next.

 With the little bottle was this note from Marydon.

"My precious Maggie when you have to POO in the LOO use this DOO!  Chuckles Love you Marydon

The card alone cracked me up. hahaha...On the back of the bottle it says

There once was a young lad from Rhone whose odor he'd rather disown now he's taming his poo by anointing the loo and now happily sits on the throne.

This Before-You-Go blend of Natural Essential Oils creates a barrier to embarrassing bathroom odor.

To ANoint: Shake well, lift throne (toilet) lid and seat, spray directly onto the surface water until covered. Proceed to use throne as usual.

LOL..... Needless to say Marydon has been to my home and knows I need this.

So I guess my next review will be about Poo-Pourri when I try this out. Can't review until you use it!

Marydon thank you for thinking of me and saving Tinkerbell a few runs out of the bathroom. We all know she is a fat cat and needs to run but by using this she can hang around longer in the bathroom with me.

I don't know about you but this week has been one of those weeks where if I could run away from home I would do it and only take the time to grab a change of underwear and Tinkerbell. Oh and of course my Poo-Pourri.

Dealing with Doctors, Therapist and Workers Comp has made my white hair thinner and if they keep this up I will be bald in a few weeks. One Echoes between the ears and the other is 12 shy a dozen.
Who seem to talk out of both sides of their dooper....sorry I meant mouth...no I am pretty sure I meant dooper. hahaha  Actually the adjuster at Workers Comp has really been nice to me and put out some effort to help me deal with this so who knows for Christmas I may send him some Poo-Pourri.

Enjoy the rest of your week. Weekend will be here soon...

Love to all
Maggie



31 comments:

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Well, if nothing else, Maggie, you can bring some of your Poo-pourri with you to these appointments and tell them it's mouth spray! I could use some of that here at the day job {You know, for all the crap the lawyers give me}! : )

Unknown said...

So cute...have never heard of this before now...Great to have around for those who "shoot the s..." :)

Susan Anderson said...

What a fun and funny product. What I can't wait to find out is if it works!

;)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Heeehehee, isn't that sweet dear Marydon a hoot and a half??? Poo~Pourri...who knew??? I just may have to get some for here on the Ponderosa. Thing is...could ya train the Strongbacks (farm hands) to use it??? Honey, I could tell some stories........

What a great friend indeed.

God bless and have a terrific day sweetie!!! :o)

stefanie said...

that is soooo funny!

Unknown said...

WE SELL THIS STUFF, MAggie & ladies, cheaper than you get purchase in a store. We are also going to have a POO-GIVEAWAY next week, you may win some ...

Anyoen intersted may write me @
blushing_rose_boutique@yahoo.com

I knew you'd get a kick out of this, sweetie. It sure is a stopper ...

Hugs of love, Marydon

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

That is so hilarious!
I haven't ever seen anything so cute. I can think of dozens of people that could use something like that.............like most of the people in the ER.

Kim said...

OMG That is hysterical. I hope it works. We could use some of that here at the office. The staff washroom is not always a pleasant experience. Pee--UUUU

Julia said...

Maggie,this must be some amazing potion and I know someone who could use some of that sometimes. I won't say anymore. So far I've held my nose. I'll be off Blogger for a few days as I'm going to my hooking retreat but I'LL be back. In the mean time I hope that your therapy is going better. JB

BrushedByAnAngel said...

Maggie, this really works. My sister purchased some a few years ago at one of our local gift shops. She takes it with her anytime she travels - works wonders she says. She keeps an extra bottle in the bathroom for visitors. Have fun with it.
Brenda

Sonny G said...

oh my.. too funny and so cute..

xoxoxoxo
Sonny

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness Maggie,
I've never seen or heard of such a thing and well, it astonishes me! I guess they think of everything, huh?
Thanks for the smiles and the laughter! you do that everytime!

Lisalulu said...

you ALWAYS know the funniest things and fun fun people (Marydon!!!) and then there is your gift of gab when you talk about products.. you make them even funnier that they are in person. So good you have a sunny disposition to handle THIS LAST YEAR!!! :(

Arkansas Patti said...

I thought at 71 I'd heard it all. Not on your life. That is priceless and the product of a fertile mind.
That would make a great anonymous gift to that one person in the office can empty a building.
Wonder if it would work in the litter box.

Daydream Living said...

Hi Maggie,
I just read the posts I have missed, and have to say, I truly loved reading about you and your MaMa. My grandmother was living with us and I miss her, so reading this was lovely.
Also, poo pouri, really? What an invention, hope it smells good, enjoy the weekend,
Maureen x

Sissie's Shabby Cottage said...

Hi Maggie,
Gotta love that Marydon! Let us know how the poo pouri works out! LOL!

hugs
Sissie

acorn hollow said...

How funny and catchy! so sorry you are having such problems this too shall pass. We are waiting for 12 inches of snow tonight I say enough already!
Cathy

Cherrie said...

Poo-Pourri, well I have heard of everything now! lol
P.S. I think I need to get my sons some of this!

Kristy said...

What a funny idea! I am truly interested in seeing if this works - if so I'll have to pick some up for my boyfriend! Ha! Don't tell him that however ;) Such a lovely little package and very thoughtful, she sounds lovely x

myheartstumbles.blogspot.com

yaya said...

I do like to learn something new everyday..now I can say I've learned how to freshen the necessary room! That is if I can find it somewhere. So sorry about your troubles with the Docs and Workman's Comp..my hubbies least favorite organization! Maybe you really need him as your Chiropractor..I'm telling 'ya, my man has magic hands!

Auntie Cake said...

I was afraid by your title and now I know why... Man, now I definitely think that everything has been invented...

Sorry about dealing with the docs and but glad your work comp worker has been helpful though! Just reading about it has given me a headache. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!
Kate

Anonymous said...

O.K. .... Never having heard of this before I think Marydon is on to something!!
Now I will have to get some for when my kitties are in their loo as it can get quite odoriferous!! ROFLMBO!!
Have A Wonderful Weekend!!
Marilyn

A Tale of Two Cities said...

What a "refreshing" blog, my dear friend. I have heard of the PooPourri products, and seen them in several fine gift shops. Truth be known, I've even given a bottle as a gift before--a big hit!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Enjoy your weekend too, GYH.....

xxoo,

RMW

Firecracker Kid said...

ROFLMAO! Oh,Maggie... I love your way with words. I'm not one for tellin' tales, but I could sure encourage my hubby to use poo pouri on his bathroom visits! LOL. Can't wait to hear your review!
Hugs~Carol

mortonlake said...

maggie,thanks so much for comments on my blog,you asked me about sybil?not seen her on for ages. i have been wrapped up in myself i forget my friends. she is on my buddy list so would show if on.i will email her and see if i get reply. tc,mort x

Donna said...

Oh Maggie...you are such a hoot!! I just love to leave here laughing and that you do to me many times!! The rest of the time you make my heart ache a little for all the troubles you go through...but you are never boring!!
One thing though...did you see how MANY bottles they gave you?? Is that some special hint?? You could open a store...or seel some yourself...or you have a little problem??
Funny...thanks, I REALLY needed that today!!!

NitWit1 said...

Well, my husband and I have had a 40+ year argument our poo don't stink. I know we both are lying but we both could turn on the overhead ventilator a tad more regular and use the room deodorizing sprays when we are finished.

deb said...

OMG!! Too funny!!
Have a great odor free weekend Maggie!!
*hugs*deb

Marsha Young said...

Your friend Marydon must be a kick, and so are you!

Have a fun day! ...Marsha

Gypsy Heart said...

I haven't tried it yet but I've heard from others that it really does work! I think it would be great to have on a trip or while visiting someone's home.

Hope you're feeling stronger next week...so very sorry you're dealing with all these numb nuts. :-( I'm not a Dr but I think they've all lost their minds.

Pat