Sybil over at Day In the Life of Sybs has so graciously picked me for an award and with it I have to disclose seven things about myself. I told her that this site is an open book so that would hard to do since you know everything about me already. Part of this was to pick others for this award and they tell seven things about themselves. Well Syb that is too hard to do because everyone one of you are too special to me to single out so feel free to grab this from me and tell the world seven things that you can share in public. lol
If you have not had the pleasure of visiting Syb's site I encourage you to do so. She is one those gals that when you get to know her you think you have known her all your life. I have so enjoyed getting to know her and you will too. Sybil lives in the most beautiful area of England and when I my back is well I am going to see her.
Some of my seven are answers to some of your questions about some recent post. So here goes my seven:
1. No I never told my mother the true reason the milk bottle was broken that day on the way to the store. A recent post I did about secrets.
2. No I don't use a vibrator and yes the doctor really ask me this question.
3. My first husband crushed one of my big toes by running over it with the vacuum cleaner and wrapping the toe around the beater bar. Yes I will do a post about that story one day.
4. I rode several times on the famous Salt Grass Trail Ride to Houston from Brenham, Texas when I owned horses and rode a lot. Yes it is true I was the only rider sober for the 6 day ride and never drank anything stronger than a Dr. Pepper. Would I do it now....NO!
5. Working for the prison system here in Texas I am not happy to admit I know at least 8 men and women who are now on death row. One I worked with at the prison and the others I knew them as inmates at the time for other offenses but ended up on death row.
6. I have completed two Officers Training Academies in my lifetime. The first when I was 40 years old and the last one when I was 56. Would I do it again if given the chose...not in this lifetime. lol
7. In 2002 I was lucky enough to fly to Lake Michigan for the summer by way of a private jet. Would I do this again Just Ask Me and my bags are packed. I stayed at Eppworth in Ludington, MI and loved it.
Thanks for letting me share these seven things with you. Hope I did not tell you something you already knew. If so you have to forgive me because I am old.
Now everyone loves a winner! So now that One World One Heart is over I have two winners. Out of 157 entries my first winner is the gifted Kim from Millie's Mats . Kim makes the most beautiful rugs. I would love to be able to do that and you can see her great pieces on her site.
Kim I am really happy for you and glad your number came up on the random generator. She won the journal I made so Kim please get with me by email and I can get your journal in the mail to you.
My second winner of the handmade beautiful doll tassel is sweet and funny Tauna from Garden of Egan. Tauna is one of those gals that keeps you wanting more of her adventures and she will put a smile on your face every time you stop by to visit. I was surprised to see your number come up on the random generator but so happy it did. So just shoot me an email so I can get your winnings to you also.
Thank you so much for entering this OWOH giveaway. I never saw how many participated this year but I know it was over 800. Please stop by and congradulate these winners and get to know these beautiful ladies. You will love them as I do.
Also I have been lucky while doing this OWOH I have the privilege of getting to know new friends and their sites are just awesome so give them a visit too. I promise you will be glad you did.
So much I want to share with you but will do another post. Gretchen took me to see the screen writer Nora Ephron last week and wait til you here about that adventure. She is known for When Harry Met Sally and Sleepless in Seattle.
Your comments are the highlight of my day. It is not I that is funny it is you! I laughed and laughed on these comments left on the previous post about the vibrator.
Many of you have ask about Gary and how he is doing after getting home from MD Anderson. He is slowly getting his voice back so now I can understand him on the phone. He still can not swallow anything but a little water but soon he hopes to be able to start eating again. I think because of all of your prayers and thoughts he is on the road to a full recovery. What a blessing you are in my life!
This week has flown by and not sure where it went. I do know it has warmed up here and for that I am so grateful. Wish I could box it up and send it to all of you.
Love to all