Monday, August 23, 2010
Today I wanted to share with you a email that Dan from Yesterday Once More sent me. He is just the sweetest guy out here in our blog world and he agreed to Tweak my small country kitchen.
I bet you had given up on hearing from me, but this is the e-mail you have been waiting on. Now that you are feeling better maybe you will feel like doing a little tweaking. These are the ideas I have for your kitchen...some are easy and some are not. You can choose which ones you would like to tackle.
* 1950's Theme
* Make a curtain for under the cabinets and window above the sink that is reminiscent of the 1950's pick material with pastel colors.
* Fill Toms jar with peanuts in the shell
* Paint red walls yellow
* Hang a wreath on pantry door to add color
* Leave all the walls that are white white
* Group collections together for bigger impact...especially black figures...they could be grouped on top of glass cabinet or on corner white cabinet.
* Hang old family pictures preferable from the 1950's on the wall coming down the stairs
* Display collection of crocks, if possible, on the stairs...one on each stair
* Paint a runner coming down the stairs or stencil a pattern of your choice on the stairs.
* Good accent colors to the yellow are pastels and reds it goes well with all those colors.
If you have any questions, let me know and I will help you in any way I can. If I think of something else you can do, I will let you know.
I am so glad that you are feeling better and that all of your tests came back normal. I haven't been able to visit your blog as often as I like. This summer has been crazy. When school starts I will have more time...I hope.
I think of you often and pray that you will be back to work soon.
Take care and don't work too hard!
A Primitive Place Magazine
A Primitive Place, LLC
I love these ideas and can not wait til I can get started. Not sure about Kaci's fabric because Dan mentioned pastels so I will probably keep looking. I have to say though Kaci for 8 has a good eye for decorating.
Have a great day everyone.
Love to all
Posted by Grandma Yellow Hair at 11:22 AM