The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Posing in the Bluebonnets!

 
Hope you are having a lovely weekend! It is raining and windy here today but look at how pretty it was last weekend. Here I am in a Bluebonnet Field with my two terrific grand kids. Blue Bonnets are everywhere this time of the year and like all other Texans we had to put our boots on and pose among these beauties.



Kaci  showing off her gorgeous smile and cowboy boots!

Bailey giving us one of his handsome smiles.


Can you believe my Kaci is such the young lady now. 


Bailey is such a darling. Never complained while his mom and I moved him from one area to another for the perfect photo.

Here is a close up of our State Flower. Aren't they just beautiful?

These pictures were taken around the Austin area. The fields where I live are  gorgeous too but they have the red paint brush mixed in and I will share those pictures with you soon. 

I went to Austin to check on Clint after another one of his surgeries from his bicycle accident. If you read the post about the accident you know that he was riding his bicycle with Bailey and Kaci when his front tire came off. He has been struggling since then with complications from landing on his face and the severe concussion he suffered and loss of a tooth. Clint has had several surgeries trying to have a implant for the tooth and we are hoping this is the last one. He has really been through it but unlike his Mom he doesn't complain of how bad it is. I do hope he gets well soon and these headaches will stop coming back to remind him of that horrific fall.

Things on the North Forty have been better since Spring weather has been blessing us with some really pretty sunshiny days. I have been mowing from sun up to sun down most days but remember I said I would not complain if I lived through this cold winter that our country has suffered through. What is amazing that some of you are still suffering. Oh how I wish I could send you some warm temps.

We are going to have two mornings this week in the 30's again but hopefully that will be the last of it. The winds are blowing about 40 mph right now so I had to move my potted plants away from the North part of the yard. 

About two weeks ago I bent down to clean out the litter box and that was how I spent two weeks. Bent over like one of these old oak trees out here. I had forgotten how bad a back ache could be but thank goodness it worked its way out with the help of lots of warm baths and a back massage. Two weeks off the tractors though made for a hard week catching up out here. 

What really upset me besides the pain was the timing of the pulled muscle. I was suppose to meet a friend out at the Round Top/Warrenton Antique Show. Good thing the show last for three weeks are I would of missed it completely. Hopefully this week while it is raining here and I am not mowing I can show you a few pictures from my trip out there.

I am looking forward to celebrating Easter this coming Saturday with my sons, Chad and Clint. Their coming for the day and hopefully the bad weather we are having now will not ruin the gorgeous wildflowers where I can get some more pictures of them in the fields by my house. 

Let me share a funny with you before I say good night. You know only you I could share this kind of story with. Earlier this week I was in a hurry to get on the tractor and start my day. While moving around the house before going outside I kept thinking something just didn't feel right. Well I looked at my boots and they were both on the right foot so I head out the door. 

Climbing up on the big Blue Holland I still feel like something is not right. I mow for a while and then take a water break. I am walking back inside and I glance down at the front of my pants. I thought why are there pockets like this in the front of my pants. Low and behold I had put my pants on backwards. Yep I had bought a pair of cheap jeans to mow in that you just pull up no buttons you know the granny kind. Well dear friend you better be careful if and when you get my age and wear these pants because you can put them on backwards. Thank goodness no one was around to see this because it was bad enough me seeing it. lol

Thank you for coming by and visiting with me. I miss all of you! Sending you Blessings for a beautiful week! 

Love to all
Maggie






28 comments:

gpc said...

The bluebells are just beautiful! Of course not nearly as beautiful as your Grands -- Kaci is lovely and Bailey is such a good looking young man! Grandchildren are the most wonderful and unexpected gift as we get older. :) I'll think of you in your backwards pants whenever I fear that something's amiss in my own wardrobe -- that's exactly the kind of thing I can imagining doing myself, lol.

From the Kitchen said...

Beautiful bluebonnets and grandchildren as well!! We have nothing in bloom yet but there is no snow on the ground. Woohoo!

Best,
Bonnie

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

The pictures of the bluebonnets and your grandchildren could be in a magazine announcing the arrival of spring. They are gorgeous.

Julia said...

Hi Maggie, it's good to have you back and thanks for coming by my blog yesterday, what a treat. I hadn't posted in over a month and people were getting concerned that I would stop blogging....

Oh my, Kaci is turning into quite a beauty. She and Bailey have grown a lot since I last saw their pictures. He's getting very handsome.

Your blue bonnets are spectacular and what a great backdrop for photos. I'm so glad that you posed with the grandkids.

I'm sorry to hear about you back acting up again. Take it easy as you get into gear for a busy mowing season. Being cooped up all winter it gives us weak muscles I think.

We still have quite a bit of snow to melt but we can see grass here and there where the snow hasn't drifted.

Maggie, I can picture you in your backward pants, I did worst than that and dressed when I was half asleep to go to the barn and I half way through the day when I noticed something wasn't right and I was wearing my underwear with the crotch on my hip. Try to top that. Talk about feeling sheepish....or stupid... lol...

Hugs,
JB

Pat said...

What great photos in the bluebonnets...Love the one of the 3 of you. I keep seeing on FB, folks talking about the Round Top- Warrenton show. So wish I lived closer, to be able to stroll through all the goodies.

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

LOL, Maggie! At that point I would have just left them on the way they were! : ) Beautiful pictures of your grandchildren. They look like real sweethearts, too!

Just Mags said...

Oh, dear, sweet Maggie what gorgeous pictures of your sweet Bailey and Kaci. I cannot believe how they have grown since I last saw pictures of them.

I too hope this will be the last surgery for your sweet Clint.

Sorry about your back but sure happy to hear that problem worked out.

Thank you so much for the heads-up on the jeans, I have some of those so I will be extra careful from now on when I am putting them on. :)

Thank you for stopping by for a visit. We had three thunderstorms move through last night that brought flash flooding but we are okay here. We live on the foot of a mountain.

Stay safe and well dear Maggie. Sending you and the kitties big hugs and some nose kisses from me and mine. Love you!

Gorges Smythe said...

Don't feel bad, I was coming out of a store the other day when I realized that my T-shirt didn't have a pocket. Well, actually it did, right over-top of my right shoulder blade! I'll pray for clint.

Olga said...

What gorgeous pictures of your family and the blue bonnets.
I shudder to hear about the aftermath of Clint's bike accident. I also did a face plant off a bicycle this past winter. I looked like an eggplant for a while, but I was extremely fortunate that that was the worst of it.

Sonny G said...



lol lol.. we'll have to give you a new name- Backwards Britches Maggie:)
I bet you were cute anyway...
enjoy Easter with your boys and family..

love ya bunches
Sonny

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Have had that same feeling and discovered I had my husband's jeans on. He has also had mine on. ;0)

Looks like everything is coming up Blue Bonnets instead of roses.
Beautiful State flower and beautiful family!

Hope Clint fully recovers from that nasty accident. It happens more often than one would think. One of my gr sons had his come off and on top of the road rash his groin are was punctured deeply and needed ER care.
Just read where someone is still in a coma from that happening.

Glad you are feeling better.
It's hell to get old, but it beats the alternative!
(((hugs)))

Debby@Just Breathe said...

The flowers are so pretty and the pictures are precious. Have a wonderful Easter.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Gosh, Kaci has grown up. Time flies! Lovely flowers and photos. So sorry to hear about Clint and the bike accident. That is really awful. A while back my husband came home to tell me that he had walked around all day with his underwear on backwards. And then last week he asked me why I was wearing mine inside out. Ha! It happens to all of us. Happy Easter! Have a great new week. Tammy

Paula said...

Nice looking grandchildren. I recently spent a week-end in the Austin area at Angel Springs Event Center for my grandson's wedding. Love the pictures in the bluebonnets.

JaneT said...

Your pants story made me laugh at myself again. You can laugh at yourself when you are as old as dirt. I was running late and got to work, finished at my job, and getting in the truck I realized I had on two different colored shoes. Not a sole said a word to me. You would think once was enough, but I did it again and now I am trying to be more aware of what I leave the house in and haven't slipped up the 3rd time......yet.

JaneT said...

sole = soul Freudian slip I guess.

acorn hollow said...

those children are so sweet to pose in those flowers for your both.
Glad you back is better I would love to go to that antiques show we see it on tv now and then.
have a great easter and don't put your pants on backwards.
Cathy

Forty Pound Sack said...

Your grandchildren are lovely ~ They must get it from you :) When we were kids and wore those pull on pants, my mom marked the back inside waistband with a "W" (not sure why she chose that letter) or we all would have been wearing our pants backwards!!

wendy said...

Beautiful pictures! We had a few days of spring weather but tonight it's getting colder and were supposed to get 2to 3inches of snow by morning...I hope it doesn't stick around too long!!

La Petite Gallery said...

Thank you so much for this post. How I miss the bluebonnets. I have a photo of my Mamma and I in a field of Bluebonnets in 1938. The children are darling. yvonne

June said...

You have no idea how excited I was Maggie to see you had come by to say hi! and now I am here laughing about the on-backwards-mowing pants!!! I am praying that all goes perfectly for Clint. He has been through so much with this crash. Kaci and Bailey's pictures are darling among the Bluebonnets. I loved catching up with you sweetie. You know you are such a ear friend to me, even though I don't blog much anymore. I find myself thinking of you anytime I see an upper-story window :)))))))
much love from me...

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh Maggie how I love your stories! That is too funny about the pants. And those flowers (and the grandkids) are just beautiful. Hugs to you!

yaya said...

Your flowers are so beautiful..but those grandkiddos are even more lovely! (Sorry Bailey..I mean handsome!) It's interesting to hear how different the weather has been all over the country. We got snow today! I'm so over the weather! Have a happy Easter!

Rocky Mountain Woman said...

Love the story about the pants! Sometimes it really works to live where there aren't any neighbors!

Anyway, it does for me...

HAH!

La Petite Gallery said...

Happy Easter Maggie.
yvonne

Libbie said...

WHATTT! What happened to little Kacie & Bailey! When did they grow up so fast!? They are so stinking cute :) I just can't get over how much they have grown! & wow...you are a little model frolicking in the flowers Maggie! :)

Oh No about Clint! That's terrible! That just shouldn't happen! I hope by now he is feeling a bit better...unbelievable...how painful!

Hope you are doing good Mags! We've been friends for quiet a while now :) & I'm so glad we are!!! Talk soon!!!

La Petite Gallery said...

Just heard about Bastard Cabbage.
Hop they can control it.
yvonne

Sierra Sue said...

I just found your site, and I must say anyone with two little brothers (me 2) and a love of Texas & bluebonnets (me 2) and
let's not forget Elvis ! Kindred Spirits for sure!
Havent put my pants on backwards YET, but have been known to grab different colored socks on a cold dark, winter morning.
Adding your site to my Fav's.