The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Warrenton/Round Top Shows

These two antique/flea market shows are only 14 miles from my little farm house and let me tell you it takes a lot of will power not to go look around every single day. Since the vendors set up from all around the USA they are out there over two weeks each fall and spring. I tell myself if those thousands of vendors take the time and effort to come all the way to our small communities then hey isn't it only the right thing to do is go out there and support them. So being the good person that I am I have totally showed my support even on the rainy ugly days. This time around I have not bought a whole lot but of course a few things did catch my eye. I got a great bargain on some old wicker that I thought would go great with my already wicker room and then of course I had to have a new outfit to wear and there was the nicest lady from Miss. that sold me a darling outfit which you would never find in one of our dress shops. Every show I have to buy at least one hat because this show is where I always get to wear my hats. Monday I went out with my girlfriend, Janie that I use to work with at the prison and we always set aside one day for us to walk around. Poor Janie she was burning up out there and I finally talked her into putting a sleeve less blouse on which did help her a little. Since I mow almost every other day I held up a lot better walking and browsing in the heat. She was the one that got the bargains and loves what she bought. There was a darling old angel fountain just waiting for some one to take it home and thats exactly what my friend did. The best part is she only had to pay 45.00dollars for it. Beautiful piece. All the way back home I hinted if for some reason she did not like it to be sure and let me buy it from her. Very lovely garden piece. She also found a cheap plant stand for only 3 dollars and a pretty old hand mirror for a dollar. Way to go Janie! My wicker chair was only $15 and my wicker end table was $20 so I did pretty good too. Yesterday I went out with my friend Alan to browse and we walked and talked looking for some good deals. He found some really cute cabinet knobs that were very unique and bought six for only $3.00 so what a bargain he got. I bought a pig with wings for my bird bath and being only $10 who could pass it up. Today I went alone looking for s screen door. Found one I fell in love with but the silly vendor wanted $350.00 for it. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzz she was proud of that door. I thought for sure it was marked wrong but no it was that hefty of a price. My farm house has a very small kitchen with no door so I thought a old pretty screen door would look cute there. Turns out finding the perfect one is going to be a challenge. Looks like I will have to just give in and go at least another day. Another favorite thing to do out there is of course the food places and one in particular I love because of their homemade pies. The lady that sells these comes from Iowa I believe and boy can she sale the pies. My ex and I use to go there and have one of her huge cinnamon rolls and then look around for hours and go back for lunch and of course later the big piece of pie. Hate to admit it but this is the one of the times I miss having him around. We both could walk for hours without getting tired or bored. Oh well I will just have to eat that pie all alone this year. If you love antiques and junk you will love this show. Click on my previous post for show info. See you there

No comments: