The Contents Of This Blog Are Copyrighted

Monday, September 14, 2009

Cooking for Love and Life

This is a wonderful recipe from a diabetic cookbook Cooking For Love and Life written by Pauline Jamison. I love everything I have tried from this book and believe me if you like meatballs you will love these even if your not a diabetic. We can all gain a lot from nutrition conscious cookbooks like this one. Meatballs 2tsp low fat oleo 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper 1 cup chopped onion 10 1/2 oz can chicken with rice soup 10 1/2 oz can tomato soup 1 egg 1 1/4 lbs ground beef 2 slices of soft bread 1/4 cup evaporated milk 1 tsp salt melt oleo in skillet. Add bell pepper, onions, and saute until tender. Stir in both cans of soup Heat to boiling, then turn down heat and allow sauce to simmer, stirring occasionally. While sauce cooks, make meatballs as follows; In bowl, slightly beat egg. Add ground beef, bread, milk and salt. Mix well. Shape into meatballs about the size of pingpong balls. Drop meatballs in simmering sauce, and cook slowly about 1 hour or until sauce thickens. Total servings 4 Per serving 403 calories Exchange per serving = 4 meats 2 1/2 fats, 1 bread 15 g carb, 30g protein, 24 1/2 g. fat Let me know if you try it. I cooked these for my children when they were growing up and they loved them. My oldest son Chad has Juvenile Diabetes and now my granddaughter Kaci so if you would like to support her on Walk for a Cure 09 in Austin Texas click on this site I have shared in a previous post titled My Heart is Breaking. Eat healthy and share this great meatball recipe and the donations site. Thanks for stopping by today. Also enjoy the blog site in a post I posted today. Great blog.

No comments: